Since Aaron has been working so many hours at work lately, we decided to make the most of his day off and take a road trip up to Mt. Rainier. Our original plan was to take the boys up to Chenuis Falls, a place Aaron and I frequented when we were dating. Here is a pic from the last time we were there when Levi was a baby.
It's hard to believe 6 years have passed since we last were there! (Ummm...what happened to Aaron's hair?!! Haha, love you babe!) OK, to be fair, here's a pic of me from that day as well....jpg)
Well, last year's storms wiped out the road to Chenuis Falls so we weren't able to make it there this time. They said the road might be repaired by this fall so we'll have to try again later. Instead we just hung out by the river and drove around to different spots to view the mountain..jpg)
The boys had a blast throwing rocks and sticks into the Carbon River, which I might add was FREEZING! That glacier water is cold!.jpg)
I was glad to get some of these shots, but even these were tricky seeing as the horseflies were out in FULL FORCE! At one point they were swarming the car, about 30 of them, pelting the windows and trying to get in! Wowzers! Those things are nasty!
Stay tuned for a follow up post when we actually get to see the falls!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Cute short hair - it's hard to even remember that! I love the idea of posting pics of when you guys were there with Levi as a baby, He looked so old in comparison when he was standing next to Aaron!
I miss the mountains!!:P looks like you guys had a blast both times!
Love the old school photos. Looks like a fun outing!
Post a Comment