Friday, August 14, 2009

Fun at the Great Wolf Lodge

The boys had been looking forward to our trip to the Great Wolf Lodge for over 2 months since I made the reservations. They would always ask me, "Is today the day we're going to the Great Wolf Lodge, Mommy?" So when Landon came down with the stomach flu 2 days before we were supposed to leave, I was thinking things weren't looking good. But Landon was feeling better by the day we left and nobody else was sick, so we went!

The boys were so brave and loved going down the slides. However, on this particular slide, although we would send Landon down in the correct position, we never knew how he was going to come out at the end! Usually it was sideways or something with an arm or leg flailing in the air! He had a blast, none the less!

Both boys LOVED the wave pool. They couldn't get enough of it!



Before bed, the kids put on their pajamas and we headed down to storytime. They loved the little animated characters, especially the talking trees.


Then off to our room for what turned out to be a not-so-restful night's sleep. Somebody thought it would be so hilarious to pull the fire alarm at 2AM. So we pulled the blankets off the beds, bundled up the kiddos and headed out for moonlit stroll of the parking lot. At least it was memorable.

Here's the 4 of us just coming out of the River Canyon Slide. This was Landon's favorite ride. He called it the slide with the floor in it since the tube didn't have the traditional hole in the center, through which he was certain he would fall through!


Other notable events included my mom and I standing in line for 1 hour to check in to our room wearing only our wet swimsuits, and Levi's one and only ride on the Howling Tornado slide which completely freaked him out and ended in a few tears.

We had a great time and I can't wait to go back again. But next time I think we'll go in the off season!

4 comments:

Who am I... said...

I love that version of "over the rainbow'!:) Looks like you all had a blast!

Amy said...

Pretty good pictures, considering the bad lighting! I definitely recommend the off-season:)

Heather said...

My kiddos loved it to and they were only 1 & 4 when we went. Next year for sure (after Zach's tubes are out). :0) Looks like a super fun time!

Andrea said...

So glad you got to go and there was no sickness! I want to go...maybe next year.