Tuesday, August 11, 2009

How we beat the heat

Our recent record breaking temps sent us racing to the beach to beat the heat. Amy and I packed the suburban full of food, toys, kids and carseats and headed on out. The excursion started out as a day trip, but ended up being a 4 day mini-vacation! After 3+ stops along the supposedly 2 hour drive to the coast, we could hear echoes of our hubbies saying, "I told you so!!!" But it did not stop us!

Were we even about to let leg cramps, diarrhea, vomiting, whining or complaining ruin our trip?! I think not! We spent our days running from the beach...



to the pool...

stopping only to enjoy some very QUIET naptime in between! This was our time to sneak in some Scrabble or cards!

We also were able to enjoy a yummy treat at this ice cream shop...


and saw some sites...

It was a fun trip!!!

1 comments:

Andrea said...

That shark picture is awesome. What is that?