wine tasting. rolling down grassy hills. tea from Wales. fireworks.
private air show. mexican train dominoes. hammock lounging. fun times.
Our annual trip to Aunt Janel's in Oregon this year proved to be bittersweet. My sister Ashley joined us for the first time and we had so much fun together. ( I was glad to spend some time with her before she is off to Switzerland for 6 weeks! ) Upon arriving late Thursday night after some horrendous traffic, we discovered that the grass farm fields surrounding Aunt Janel's had not been cut and were producing record levels of grass pollen...in particular, the highest grass pollen count in the nation. Poor Levi and Aaron have severe grass allergies and were immediately hit hard. Aaron was just pretty miserable, but Levi broke out into an allergy induced asthma attack. I, unfortunately, left his inhaler at home since he rarely ever needs it. I'm still having a hard time forgiving myself for that one. After a sleepless, scary 24 hours of wheezing, coughing, sneezing and rapid heartbeats, Aaron and Levi decided to head for home. Levi was heartbroken but once they got home Daddy pulled through and turned the disappointment into a winner of a weekend full of fun Daddy/Son activities. Way to go, Babe!
One reason I particularly enjoyed the weekend was I had many opportunities to experiment with my new camera. I am still learning, but since practice makes perfect and I took over 450 "practice" shots this weekend, I certainly hope I learned something!

a very LONG car ride
Aunt Janel's supply of Legos is WAY cooler than ours!
(I love that I happened to capture Levi in the background rubbing his itchy allergy eyes. Poor thing.)
Sharing all the work we've been doing on ancestry.com.
Ash out in Aunt Janel's yard.
Alice and Lacey
The guys decided to have a skeet shooting contest over the lake. Here my nephew Carter is getting a lesson.
Even Ashley took a shot!
All the ladies at a winery.
Civil War reenactment...really a moving thing to witness.
What says Happy 4th of July better than shaved ice?!
This is one of the infamous grass fields that sent half of my family home! :(
Happy 4th of July from the Jones Family!



















4 comments:
Looks like you all had a wonderful time!!:)Except for the allergy two...sad. What new camera did you get?
Looks so fun! So sad for Levi & Aaron though! Cute collage by the way.
M- It's just my same Nikon D5000. I just think of it as new since I am still learning how to use it! I guess I've had it for about 8 months now!
A- Thanks!
Awesome pics! I love the collage.
Post a Comment