Today the boys wanted to give me a tour of their fort behind our house. They spend quite a bit of time back there, and honestly I try NOT to go back there due to the plethora of spiders and other creepy crawlies. But today I humored them. I figure a mother of boys needs to learn to be a little less squeamish.
The boys actually found these wooden benches somewhere back in the woods. I guess maybe the people who lived here before us might have made them. So when they needed a table to complete their setup, I thought it the perfect opportunity to get rid of our well-loved, now hated Ikea end table. That thing had seen its way through too many Jones family moves and I think it only cost $10 brand new. I was done and it was done. (Side note: I don't actually let the boys eat at this table because this is about 10 feet away from where Aaron saw the bear last spring.)
The branches above Levi's head are strategically placed and are the roof, so I'm told.
"Come on, Mom, just climb over this big mountain."
And this, my dear blog friends, is the fort's bathroom. What, you might ask, is that wheel rim doing in the bathroom? Yep, you guessed it. It's the pot. The "Pee Pot" is what they have dubbed it. And because he is so kind, Landon had to demonstrate for me that, yes, he really does pee in it. Nice. Well, maybe that'll ward off the bears.
And of course they had to show me how they could climb all the trees. I really like this shot I captured!
Finally this above shot is their "hammocks." They pull the bottom tree branches down and then lay on them before they can spring back up. Pretty creative, I thought. Not so comfy though!
And here they are. The fort masterminds. They're all boy. And I love them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















4 comments:
That is so cool! I'm thinking that the more motivation to go in the creepy woods was a great blog post & photo ops! Hee, hee (it would be for me!) They are very creative!!
I would LOVE to have that behind our house! So much fun! Great photos and you are a WONDERFUL mom!!:)
Good job, I agree with heather that the blog post/photo prospect might have been the main motivation! And I love that picture of Levi up in the tree
thats awsome you guys maby i could come over some time and inprov it whith you guys sometime eh? come on LTNS, hoa but still you did a good job! Carter
Post a Comment