Monday, February 22, 2010

A great day...

To PLAY!!!
We have been loving all the unseasonably sunny weather lately! It was perfectly timed with Levi's winter break from school. On Friday, we went with some Edwards girls to a couple of parks and enjoyed some time outdoors.
 
I have been really practicing with my camera the last week or so... and the kids are just about done with me.  If Levi even sees that I'm behind the camera, he won't even give me a single glance!  Such a stinker!  Landon will oblige me a little more often, but with him I usually get his cheesy picture grin so I guess it's a trade off.  I manage to get a few great shots for every hundred or so taken!  
 
I'm  not quite sure what was with Landon, but once we got out to the water, he started having serious issues!  He started stomping in the water, and as if it weren't obvious, I told him what would happen to his pants if he kept it up.  He didn't listen and ended up soaked.  Then he got his hands all sandy, then touched his eyes.  Then the crying started.  He proceeded to whine and cry about going home and changing his clothes.  And being the sensitive mother that I am, I of course continued to snap pictures!

 
This is him giving me his sob story. I just said, "Landon, if you're Daddy were here, he'd have NONE of this! He'd say, toughen up son!"
He eventually somewhat snapped out of it and played a little before we left. It was overall a great time. But next time I think I'll remember to bring a towel!

4 comments:

Holly said...

I love that you continued to snap pictures during a crisis...I've done that myself. Love the pictures too!

Andrea said...

I love that first one on the swing. Where are you guys in these pictures?

Sara said...

The park pictures are at Steel Lake in Federal Way. The beach pictures are at Dash Point.

Heather said...

Great pics!