Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Flat on my face.

So today we had an appointment to get the boys' pictures taken at Yuen Lui. I had already rescheduled this appt. once due to illness so I was bound and determined to make it happen this time. I had their outfits all laid out and ready to go so all was going well. Then I realized just as they were getting dressed that Levi had outgrown his "church" shoes. He only had tennis shoes, snow boots, or rubber boots. That obviously wasn't going to work out with the Easter outfit I had planned for the pics so that left me with the only option of stopping by Target on our way and buying him some shoes. Well, along with me missing every single traffic light, Landon fell asleep on the way there. I ended up carrying him the whole time while we went in, got the shoes, and came back out. When we got back to the parking lot, it was pouring rain/snow so we made a run for it- me still holding Landon. (By the way he weighs 40 pounds now so this is no easy task.) Levi decided to walk right in front of me and then tripped and fell, causing me to trip over him and then, still holding Landon, we both fell flat on our faces as well! So there we are, on the ground, in the middle of the Target parking lot, dirty, and getting absolutely soaked. Both boys were crying hysterically since Levi had scraped his hand and knee and despite my best effort to take the brunt of the fall, Landon's head had hit the pavement and was growing a large lump. The new shoes, my keys, and purse were scattered across the road. AND we had pictures in 5 minutes. A kind woman was nice enough to help us up and get us out of the street and to our car. I decided to go to Yuen Lui and run in to reschedule AGAIN, but once we got inside, I thought things amazingly weren't looking too bad and decided to go ahead with the pics. I told the photographer what had happened and she said if they noticed any dirt on their clothes or anything they would just digitally edit it out. So the pictures turned out pretty good, all things considered! I, on the other hand, have a scraped up hand and am going to have a really pretty bruise on my knee! I'm just sorry to say that there is no picture to accompany this post. I'll let you leave that to your imagination!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

OUCH!! That sounds horrible, though in the true spirit of P365 you really should have had someone take your picture on the ground before taking care of things;-)

Who am I... said...

Soooo,,,,sorry!!!Those days are a great story but not too fun at the time!!

Andrea said...

Oh wow! That is a story! I would have been so stressed!

Heather said...

Wow, that is a crazy experience. :0) I have ran into target to get shoes right before pictures too. What we do to get them..... hee, hee