
OK, so a few of you already know this, but I am completely obsessed by the Twilight series books by Stephenie Meyer. It all started a couple of weeks ago when I was at my cousin Cammie's house. I was headed home and she asked me if I could drop a package off at the post office for her. She said it was some books that a book club sent her, but she hadn't signed up for them so she wanted to return them. So when I tried to take them to the post office, they wouldn't return them without paying for postage because they had been opened. So I doubted Cammie wanted to PAY to return some books she never ordered, so I just took the box home with me. So Cammie called the company and they just said to keep the books for free. Well Cammie didn't want the books, and I had the books, so I opened it up and low and behold, it was the Twilight series. I had heard of them before and knew they were about vampires. That was enough to turn me off so I put them on the shelf in case I got really bored someday. So fast forward a few days and another friend (who will remain nameless, as I think she is ashamed of her obsession) called to tell me about these totally addicting books she was reading and how I HAD to read them. Of course, the Twilight books. So when I told her I actually had them sitting on my shelf, she was ADAMANT that I read them and would not take no for an answer. It was all downhill from there. From about 2 chapters in on the first book, I was hooked. They are way better than your typical "sci-fi" vampire books. They're vampire ROMANCE books!(Aaron says, what does THAT mean???) They're fairly innocent and quite suspenseful! Anyhow, it's pretty crazy. I get into bed and read until I can't keep my eyes open. Then I wake up thinking about the main characters. When I hear songs on the radio, I relate them to the characters in the book. And, I'll even admit, I bought the t-shirt. It's pretty sad. I have a sickness. I'm half way through the third book and have one more to go after that. Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to do with myself when I'm finished with the series. Maybe get some sleep???
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment