You know around Christmas time, how people leave little fun goody bags or gifts at your doorstep with a sign that says “You’ve been elfed”? Well, we’ve been elked. Only our frequent visitors are MUCH larger than elves and do not leave the kind of gifts you really look forward to… (eewww. Sorry.)
We’ve been seeing these guys in our yard around 3 times a week lately, but usually it is just dark enough that I can’t get a good shot. Often times there are at least 3 at a time, but sometimes as many as 9. They really are so huge and these pictures do not do them justice. This little guy (not that little but Aaron says he is young) happened to wander into our yard in the afternoon so I was able to capture some shots from the front room window.
The above shot is in front of our neighbor’s house just before Aaron and the boys decided to “sneak” outside to try and spook it into the backyard. (Epic fail.)
It sure is wild to have so much wildlife in our yard. While we moved into this house under not the best of circumstances, and it wasn’t my first choice, I am really glad the boys have been able to regularly see these amazing animals. Seeing the elk in the yard is such a common occurrence these days that Aaron will only come out to see them if there are any with “racks”. Wow, we’ve come a long way from our inner city Tacoma house next to the mini-mart with bars on the windows!
Wednesday, June 01, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
LOVE the big pictures, SPJ! LOVE that you have Goodreads on your blog. I'm tempted to put it on mine too, it's so cute, but I'm not that good updating my goodreads account. Hope your boy is feeling better today.
Post a Comment