Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Girls Getaway (A post for Holly Boyd)

Last weekend, Amy, Alice and I got a chance to getaway to Ocean Shores to do a little scrapbooking. Just as we were pulling into town, there was a gorgeous sunset, so we pulled onto the beach and snapped a few pics.  Doesn't the sun just radiate such a warm glow? Don't kid yourself... it was FREEZING!!!  We got to the house with just enough light to unload the truck.  We set up all our stuff and then ended the night with a chick flick.  Perfect!

Over the next few days I got a good dent put in a couple of projects, so I am happy with my productivity.  I got half of 2010 done and started on my Disneyland album.  One of the days we did take a walk down to the beach for a little break.  Having been fresh out of a photography class, I took advantage of the beautiful scenery and got in some practice shots. Here are a few of my faves.

Playing with shutter speeds:



Playing with aperture:

Some random words that I consider highlights of our fun times this weekend:

Ice Cream*Ross*Very tiny straws*Jumping*More jumping*More Ice Cream*Wind*Chick flicks*Gangsta Rap for Alice*Talking till 3am*Memories preserved*Memories made*

It is so funny how inspired I am every time I come home from a scrapbooking weekend.  My creative juices are all flowing!  I might even do some work on it at home.  Like at my scrapbooking desk.  Alone.  Hold up, people! This is big.

Thanks girls for a fab weekend.  I loved it.

3 comments:

Holly said...

SPJ! It made me so so happy to see this, that I actually jumped around like Amy and Alice in those pictures. Hooray!!! More! More! More! ♥♥♥

Holly said...

PS...I loved the pictures too!!

Heather said...

Really great pictures!