Saturday, September 25, 2010

Hello Arizona...Where's all the cactus?!

A couple weekends ago I was pretty fortunate to be able to enjoy a fun, relaxing weekend in Arizona with some pretty awesome ladies.  This was my first time in Arizona and I have to say that it was pretty great.
 
We soaked up as much sun as we could!

We read A LOT!  Amy and I both read "The Help" on this trip.



We ate some In & Out Burger.

 We shopped!
We played cards on the patio at 10pm at night.  Love that!
 We ate out at some yummy restaurants.

I had always pictured Arizona being laden with a plentiful amount of cactus.  Well it was the night before we left and we had hardly seen ANY!  So outside this restaurant, we finally found some!  But the funny thing is, you see that smaller cactus behind me to the left?  Well, I sort of sat on it.  Not a good plan, by the way.  It did however provide us with some great times... picture my dear friend Amy tediously picking cactus "pokies" (for lack of a better term) out of my backside while the other girls laughed hysterically.  Good times, indeed. (Random useful tip: Use duct tape to get cactus pokies out of your clothes!)

Thanks Bell family for an amazing place to stay!  And thanks girls, for an awesome trip to remember!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

It's about time one of you ladies posted something about this trip. Great photos and it looks like a really fun time. OUCH on the cactus but you need those kind of events to laugh about in years to come!

Amy said...

Oh man, you beat me on the post by like a couple of hours!! I shouldn't have read yours until I posted mine... but as it looks, the two posts are going to be quite similar in the pictures we posted:) Good job getting it done!

Sara said...

I drafted most of mine last night, but blogger was driving me crazy with formatting and it kept deleting my uploaded pictures, so I quit and finished it this morning.