If you have known us for any length of time then you will know that we have lived in quite a few places. I believe this is our seventh place of residence. Yet, we have NEVER had a mantel! Every year at Christmas I find myself just wishing we had a mantel to decorate, to hang the stockings from and to have a cozy fire beneath. Well, while it may not have come through the means I would have preferred... we now have a mantel! So this year I was feeling particularly crafty and decided to make my own garland from clippings from our tree, our yard, and the holly bush at Amy's. Here is what it looked like when I finished.And here's a view of the whole mantel.
The reason why I said, This is what it "looked" like, is because unfortunately it is not looking so hot these days. We use our stove for a main source of heat and as we have had to keep it pretty stoked lately with the 12 degree temps, the garland I worked so hard on is not fairing the heat too well and is getting a little brown, wilted and shriveled. Bummer! Well, at least it was free!
Friday, December 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Beautiful!!
I like the new blog look! And the mantel did look beautiful, even if it was for a short while:)
Nice! You need an after picture too :)
Post a Comment