Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Boy on the Bus

Well, here's my baby boy getting on the school bus for the first time and he's actually SMILING! This is a huge thing, people. Of course, I'm sure it helps that he has his trusty, fully-zipped sweatshirt on! Man, I love that thing... But seriously, there have been tears leading up to this day (and they weren't all from me!) Levi has always been a stand-offish, reserved, timid sort of boy. I can remember when we was just crawling that if a ball rolled under the end table he was too afraid to crawl under and get it. So I can see that facing his fears is going to be a highlight of this little boy's many lessons to be learned. After trying to take the bus yesterday and having a mix-up on what time it came, we tried again for today. Unfortunately I had to be at work at my new preschool job right at the same time the bus came. So Grandma Jones came over and helped Levi get onto the bus. I think this may have actually turned out better than me being the one to do it... it seems he might be a smidge Mama's boy. Everything went smoothly and we even found out that there is another little boy who is in first grade and lives on our street! Sounds like a play date is in order! Hopefully, he ends up liking to ride the bus and wants to do it everyday!

2 comments:

Holly said...

What a big boy! And I bet it made mommy feel better to see a smiling face!!

Heather said...

That is so great! He is getting so independent....good parenting mom!! I'm sure it was a great relief for you.