.jpg)
.jpg)
When we moved out "to the sticks" a few months ago, people kept telling me that there was so much wildlife out here. I believed them but didn't really think we'd see all that much. WOW, was I wrong! Really, not a day goes by that we don't see some sort of animal not normally found in neighborhoods! Even as I'm doing this post, a deer just walked across our front lawn. Aaron saw a bear in our backyard last week (which I would have LOVED to get a picture of...oh well), and he has also seen a bobcat on his way to work. We also have a herd of elk that frequent the area. We of course have raccoons who we frequently see raiding the neighbors deck for cat food. And most evenings we have at least 5 bunnies frolicking in the yard. It is so funny to be sitting watching TV and to see bunnies go BOING, BOING, BOING out the front window every few minutes! Yesterday we looked out the front window and saw a mink on our front porch. I tried to get a picture of that, but the boys beat me outside and scared it under the porch. Unfortunately these animal sightings usually happen to quickly for me to grab my camera, but I have been able to catch a few here and there.
So this might be considered NORMAL to some of you, but I think most of you know that I'm a city girl through and through. This is so AMAZING to me! It just never gets old. I love that the boys are getting to grow up seeing all the animals and enjoying God's creation!
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
That is AWESOME!!! I bet your boys love it...Silas would be so thrilled!!
Post a Comment